Saturday 26 July 2014 -
Palace of knowledge.
The second largest monument in Prague after the Castle, the Clementinum was originally a 11th century chapel built in tribute to Saint Clement.
A convent and then a Jesuit school were then housed in the building before it was renovated in the mid 17th century. The Jesuit University Library then moved into this Baroque monument, before being replaced by the Czech National library, founded in 1781.
Shops, boutiques and malls